Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Red Curry Rice Noodles with Veggies


This was dinner tonight. We needed something quick, because I was working on my room at school until after six. I love curry anything, and we needed to use the veggies that were crowding the fridge (what a great problem to have!), so this seemed like a good solution.

Servings: 5
Time to Prepare: 20-30 minutes, depending on veggie chopping time

Ingredients:
about 4 cups fresh veggies (We used carrots, bell pepper, kohlrabi, zucchini, tomatoes and yellow squash from our CSA.)
1 1/2 T. red curry paste (I used Thai Kitchen.)
1 14 oz can coconut milk (I used regular, but I think light would work okay.)
4 T. soy sauce
1 1/2 T. brown sugar
7 oz. package thin rice noodles

Procedure:
1. Chop all the veggies into bite size pieces. We made the carrots, kohlrabi, and bell pepper a little smaller so we could throw in all the veggies at the same time.
2. Soak the rice noodles in hot water for ten minutes.
3. Simmer the coconut milk with the curry paste for about 5 minutes, so it will thicken a little.
4. Throw the veggies in the sauce with the soy sauce and brown sugar. I also added about 1/2 cup of water because the sauce was thickening too much.
5. Simmer for about 3 minutes, then add the noodles to the mixture. It turned out the noodles were really long, so you might want to cut them up a little before you add them to the pot.
6. Heat for 2-3 minutes more, or until the veggies are tender-crisp and the noodles are the texture you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment