The "dream" part is the most exciting for me right now, though it's the least descriptive verb. It's the word I used to capture this new interest in the house we're about to purchase. I'm not going to lie: I'm a little obsessed. I never imagined myself as the kind of person who could spend hours looking at ideas for what to do about ugly vinyl siding. But here I am. I also thought (silly me!) that we would just keep all of our same old furniture, and the paint on the walls of our new house (because it's not offensive) without doing much with the decor. I've never thought of myself as someone who cared about all this stuff. But now I'm excited, and thinking of all kinds of things we could to do make our house a home. So, because we're not made of money, and because I suspect John will care much less about the decor than me, I imagine, at least at first, I'll do a lot more dreaming than doing. And that's okay.
I'm going to try to label the posts according to one of the five areas, but we'll see how that works out. I'm also going to try to include a photo each day of something--food, a book, something from the house. We'll see how that goes. Here's an easy one to start, from our vacation:
Nice post!
ReplyDelete